I bought a lot of poppy seeds month ago. So I decided to bake this cake which is traditional in Czech republic – it’s part of my childhood (and I guess it’s part of childhood of everyone in this country).
I love poppy seeds and this cake is one the best things you can create with them. So enjoy them.
And what do you think about poppy seeds? Do you like them?
I know my English isn’t perfect (and maybe it’s not good enough). So if you find something what should be written better please let me know in comments.
- 75 g vegan butter
- 150 g cane sugar
- 225 g all-purpose flour
- 200 g milled poppy seeds
- 12 g baking powder
- 400 ml room temperature soy milk
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C. Fill baking pan with baking paper.
- Combine soft vegan butter with sugar in small bowl.
- In second bowl mix flour, poppy seeds and baking powder together. Add mixture of butter and sugar and soy milk. Mix and pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes (or more - it depends on depth of pan). Dough must not stay on wooden stick.
- Wait until cake isn't warm.